Saturday, September 1, 2012

Enmarc Spring Blog Hop - Challenge 2

I'm so happy that you have decided to join us for the Enmarc Spring 2012 Blog Hop!  For those of you who are new to the site, Enmarc is a relatively new Social Network where a wonderful group of scrapbookers encourage and motivate each other in our love for scrapping!


New sketches are posted once a challenge is finished and sample Layouts are uploaded by members to provide inspiration to all. Enmarc sponsors all the challenges where you can win an awesome prize for each challenge entered.


Our forum contains Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and General Discussions.   We believe we have one of the friendliest communities of scrappers on the web, and are so glad that you have decided to check us out during our blog hop!


And now, a little bit about this blog hop:


The Enmarc Spring 2012 Blog Hop starts Saturday 1st September 2012 and runs until 11:59 pm South African time on Sunday 30th September 2012.  That’s right it runs for a whole month.


There are 8 Design Team, Contributing Design Team members and Administrators from Enmarc hosting the blog hop. They will each have a Challenge for you to do and a prize that you can win. Also some of the hosts of the group do not have a Blog, but their challenges will be posted together with all the other challenges on the Enmarc Social Site as well as on their Facebook pages, so make sure you befriend them on Facebook.


Not only do you have a chance to win a prize for each challenge you enter, but if you complete and post an entry for EVERY challenge along the blog hop by 30th September 2012, you're name will be entered into a random draw for a wonderful prize supplied by Enmarc Crafts


On every blog in the hop you must become a follower and leave a little love (a comment) for the host.


Okay, are you ready to start the Enmarc Spring Blog Hop?  Here is the 2nd Challenge.


Challenge 2


If you came here from Alma’s Blog, then you are in the right place


I love off the page projects & that’s why I decided to alter a Hat Box for this challenge.


So my Challenge to you is to alter a box & I would like to see how creative you can be with the Enmarc chippies. What I mean is try something different & don’t just leave them plain. You need to use at least TWO Enmarc Chippies (Whiteboard/chipboard products) as inspiration for your altered box. You will also need to use 2 handmade flowers on your altered box. 


Here is the altered box I created & there is no specific theme for the altered box.


Box No1


Box No2


Products Used: Enmarc Crafts ‘Divider: Wrought Iron’ (cut in half), Enmarc Crafts ‘Embellishment Set: Butterflies’, Emarc Crafts Dazzles (Victorian Rose, Ocean Jewel & Bermuda), Kaiser Craft Miss Match Collection & Making Memories papers.


Specific Challenge 2 (CH2) Rules:


1.  Be sure that you use at least TWO Enmarc whiteboard/chipboard products and name them in the comment section when you post your layout to the gallery.


2.  Please make sure you use 2 handmade flowers on your altered box. (Below are links to handmade flower tutorials)


3. I want to see how creative you can be with the Enmarc Chippies. So try something different & don’t leave them plain. (What I did with my Enmarc chippies: I sprayed the chipboard pieces using Enmarc Crafts Dazzles & once dry I stamped them) Remember to tell us in the comments section what treatment you used on the Enmarc Chippies


4. You must become a follower of my blog


5.  Upload a photo of your layout/project to the Enmarc Gallery: http://enmarc.ning.com/photo


6.  You must tag your layout correctly in order for it to be entered into the challenge. For my challenge, my tag would be:  SPR2012,CH2. NO space between SPR and 2012, separated by a comma and then the challenge number with no space either.


7.  Come back to my Blog and provide a link to your layout in the Enmarc gallery - Hi-lite the information in the URL (address bar at the top of the page where your LO is after you have posted it to the gallery) right click the hi-lited address and click ‘copy’ then back to my blog and in the comments section, right click again and click ‘paste’ and post the comment so I know that you have posted your LO in the gallery


8. I will randomly select one person who completed Challenge 2 to receive the candy I am offering. Draw will be done not later than 3 October 2012


Enmarc Spring Blog Hop RAK


Ok now its time to hop on over to the next stop – Denise’s blog


******************************************************


Here are a few links to blogs with flower tutorials


Ribbon Flower Tutorial http://ribbonflowers.blogspot.co.uk/


Torn Cardstock Flower Tutorial http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com/2010/03/sneak-peek-of-april-kit-from-my.html


Vintage Book Paper Flower Tutorial http://kristiilockart.blogspot.com/2010/02/vintage-book-paper-flower-tutorial.html


Flower http://shoestringscrapbooking.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/dragon-fly.html


Multipurpose Flower http://shoestringscrapbooking.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/make-a-sun-single-or-double-layer-flower-multipurpose-flower-for-scrapbooking-or-cardmaking-.html 


Handmade Paper Flower http://shoestringscrapbooking.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/make-your-own-handmade-paper-flowers.html



13 comments:

  1. LOVE off the page projects and have something that has been lying here for months. This might just be what I need to actually do something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a great challenge Canica! I have a wooden blank memory box sitting in my craft stash for more TEN years!! Wanted to decoupage it long time ago, but never got around doing it! So here's the perfect time to get cracking on my box! Your box is absolutely gorgeous and what a lovely RAK you are offering :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS! I'll get it right before the end of the day! Thank you for hosting one of the stop-overs Canica! I am a follower of your Blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge Canica! I love altered projects, so will definitely give this one a go! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, I am really excited to try your challenge, just need to find a box...thank you for all the wonderful flower tutorial. I love trying out new flowers on my 3 daughters pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I never dit a off the paper project before so this is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Canica, this was a great challenge! and thank you for all the flower tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Canica, am a follower of your blog, always love your off the page items

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not used yo making boxes but i'll try my best
    Regards
    Cheryl Pascoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Here is a link to my box.
    http://enmarc.ning.com/photo/spr2012-ch2-we-wish-you-a-very-happy-birthday?context=latest
    Thank you so much for the challenge. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://enmarc.ning.com/photo/albums/spring-blog-hop-challenge-2
    Here's my take on the challenge, it was great trying something new!
    On this challenge a used a Enmarc Corner Piece and Dressmakers Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Canica, I'm back for the second time! Finished my altered box about Pumpkin Time last night ;-) Thank you for the great challenge :-)
    You can have a look here to see what I came up with
    http://enmarc.ning.com/photo/spr2012-ch2-familie-kiekies-altered-box?context=latest
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Canica,
    I really enjoyed this challenge! It has inspired me to do quite a few boxes which I can use for gifts and is a great idea! The Five-Roses teaboxes will never be thrown away again!!
    Here is my link:
    http://enmarc.ning.com/photo/spr2012-ch2-fashion-memories-box-above-view?context=latest
    Esme

    ReplyDelete