Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Star & Butterfly Shaped Notebook Tutorial

 Shanice is always wanting to give little gifts to her friends and teachers. So when I made the handbag notebook and pen holder it got me thinking - I started playing around and this is what I came up with


Note Books 
You will need scraps of plain paper, a large punch of your choice, glue that dries clear and plain cardboard for the backing.


What You Need 


Step 1 - Start by punching your shapes. I punched 30 stars & 30 butterfly's for my notebooks


Step 1 


Step 2 - Stack your pages together and add a piece of cardboard (same shape as your pages) for the backing


Step 2 


Step 3 - Use pegs/clamps to hold the pages in position


Step 3 


Step 4 - Now you are going to rub some glue on the one side of the star - see image below


Step 4 


Step 4.1 


I did the same with the butterfly note book


Butterfly 


Leave them to dry.


The pages tear off easily and they make great gifts.


 


 


Thanks for looking :)



6 comments:

  1. COOL IDEA ;P) TX 4 SHARING ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! Love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool project! Bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very clever. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! LOve this...so ingenious and a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a cute little note pad like this!

    ReplyDelete